Labels

7.08.2008

materialism...

Wow - do I ever struggle with materialism! I want sooooo much stuff! Stuff that won't last and I'll get sick of in about 2 months! And yet, I still want it! Here's some visual pics of what I want...





Just take a walk through Target or Kohl's with me. Whew! I think there is a very good reason that God did not make us rich - at least at this point in my life! Honestly, I think my first thought would be to buy "things" instead of helping people... But, then again - I can think of a bunch of awesome stuff I'd love to do - like be a foster parent or adopt children. Support people headed to the mission field... bless people the way we've been blessed i.e. just drop off stuff at their house - like new cars, computers, scholarships,... Support some awesome places in Rochester that I've seen that help the people of our city... sigh. I guess I don't know what I'd do with the money - because God hasn't given it to us. Instead - He's teaching us to TRUST him and make wise choices in the present and for the future. Its ironic - or maybe just sad - how much I allow money to dictate my decisions instead of searching out what I really should be doing. What would the world be like if money wasn't a factor?

No comments: