thursday morning we woke up to about 2 inches of water in our basement....a quarter of which is now carpeted. we've had water in the basement a few times since we moved in, but this was by far the most extensive yet. i told shanna we should just scrap the plans we had for the basement and go for an indoor pool.
- the water is out now (fire department came and sucked it up) late last night
- a plumber tried unclogging the floor drain unsuccessfully
- everyone says we need to get a hole dug and a sump pump installed because this will only keep happening as the water continues to run off the ridge to lake ontario
- currently the theater room's carpet is off the floor and drying on the back porch...fans blowing everywhere in the basement; the smell reminds me of our guys' cabin at the end of snowcamp
- fighting thoughts of frustration & anger at the previous owner who claimed the basement was "dry". why can't people just be honest? we probably would've still bought the house...we love it here...but be honest.