as we described the story of jonah...i came to the realization of how hard it is to actually believe it literally occurred. i do believe it happened...i believe that all of the Bible is true and to be taken literally unless there's obvious clues that it's written in a figurative sense...but honestly if i was a skeptic, i'd have a hard time with...
- the fact that jonah was asleep during this "perfect storm" (was he drugged???)
- that some big fish just swallowed him whole as he floundered in the water
- that he ended up in the fish's stomach...alive
- that he just "hung out" inside there for 72 hours...and spent time praying in there too
- that he didn't go through the rest of the fish's digestive system...or get eaten by something else that came down the fish's throat
- that he got barfed up on the shore...and lived to tell about it all
seriously...if you're honest...it sounds like something that was made up by someone who was high. i'm sure there's scientific explanations for it...would really be curious to see them, etc. it's God's Word so i believe it...but wow - that one's a little tough. what other stories/passages are tough to believe?